Monday, October 3, 2011

Turning a Facebook friend into a real friend ....makes me smile

I've met a lot of people on Facebook. Yesterday one crossed over from virtual to real.

Carolyn picked me up where I was staying and we set off to explore Brooklyn. Have I ever had breakfast at a Ukranian/Jewish restaurant? I was was pretty sure that was a no.

We had blintzes and dumplings and funny conversations with a Ukranian waitress!

It was a Sunday and we passed a beautiful church so we stopped in for peek. Much to Carolyn's chagrin, lighting a candle no longer requires a match!

We happened on the Atlantic Antic which is a bit like Pioneer Days in Fort Worth with a Brooklyn accent! Instead of cowboys it was Tony Soprano!


I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to see Flatbush Ave. I remembered a lot of movies about the 50s involving that street. Carolyn thought it was a negative. No just retro. It was from my time.

Brooklyn is many times bigger than Manhattan. I had a great time and really appreciate Carolyn taking out a day of her time to make that happen. The next time someone says something to me about Facebook being a waste of time, I'll smile and remember this day.

Thanks, Carolyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment