Saturday, September 17, 2011

My own special Ground Hog Day.................................makes me smile

For four days, I have had long days at immigration in Quito to make sure my visa is correct for re-entry into Ecuador.   Everyday I got there at around 8:30 and drew numbers for our turn as to my (new) attorney's suggestion.   By 9:00 the numbers had been called and passed.   Every single day.  And I didn't even get to hear Sonny and Cher's tune in the morning.

My attorney told me she might be a little late because she had to take her children to school and this is, well, Ecuador.   One day she didn't show up at all.  One day she showed up at 11:40.  At 10:00 I would stand in line once again and draw new numbers.   On Wednesday by 11:00 one had passed, but they were going a little slower on the second number which was the one concerning me.   I called my attorney.  I found that we were waiting for her assistant to get his translation for my social security papers copied and notarized which is one of the papers my original attorney failed to do.   By 11:30. I spotted him sprinting across the street just as my number is being called.   He talks to the clerk and after five minutes he tells me we have to wait one hour. After an hour he says to  come back at 4:30.  

In the end, on Thursday, it was decided that since I am approved they will send the papers to the consulate in Miami.   I will be coming back through there in November.   But  this is, after all, Ecuador.   I love the manana lifestyle.   But hopefully, I won't get caught up on the dark side.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your return is without issues! Have fun on your travels and be sure to keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete